Okay, I admit. I made up this salad just to have an excuse to consume the BEST dressing EVER...
So, as an ode to Spicy Ranch by Hidden Valley, here is my fresh take on fab veggies and chicken (somewhat recipe-less so apologies if you are a cook who loves precise recipes...you will not find that in this blog!). This "recipe" will make about enough for two large salads with leftovers! Did I mention it's SUPER easy too!!
"The FIESTA Mix" (pictured above)
Throw together these items in a bowl:
* 1/2 cup corn (canned is good, drain first)
* 1/2 cup black beans (not drained)
* 1/4 cup (or so) chopped red peppers from jar
* 1/8 cup chopped red onion
* Splash of lime juice (to taste)
* dash of cumin powder, seasoning salt (I LOVE Tony's, my Cajun roots!!) and some dried (or even better, FRESH!) cilantro (all to your taste, start with less, you can always add more!)
The Rest of the Salad:
*1 head (give or take) of iceberg lettuce (or bag of mixed greens good too), torn into pieces
* Cooked chicken, sliced (I had grilled some tenderloins earlier with a bit of spices on them and used those, yum!)
*1/2 cup tortilla chips, crush those babies up!!
* avocadohhh (OHH how I love thee, avocado! I usually sprinkle a little Tony's on it to punch up the flavor), cut into medium chunks
* 1/2 cup+ of shredded cheese (mexi-mix ideal but any works)
YUM (and healthy!)
Simply arrange the above of a large plate, sprinkle avocado on at the end and OF COURSE, serve with a side of Spicy Ranch and ENJOY mi amigo!! Ole!