Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Toddler Table Transformed


Here's a post just for fun-something a little outside of the box for me!  I have a passion for all things creative but the dilemma I run into these days is that I am a little short on time or money (or both, ha!) to make all the ideas that overflow my brain most of the time!

Recently (since becoming a "Pinterest-Addict"!) I saw this idea for a toddler table re-do and was inspired!


I paired this (above) idea up with more inspiration (below):


My daughter and I had picked out this fun material awhile ago and made some pillows out of it to tie together the colors in their bedroom: sage green, candy pink and bright pink.  



A few years ago, I had bought a table and two little chairs at Goodwill ($15 score!) and last summer I found two more wooden chairs (a bit larger but a good fit) at a garage sale ($2 each!) and painted the table white and the chairs brown.  But, after awhile, I felt this was rather...BORING!  It needed a COLOR REVIVAL!

So, I picked up some fun colors (brought my pillow along for a reference point) at Menards and spray-painted away on a sunny day....



EvaLee was pumped PINK was the new color of her chairs.


After they were dry, I glued some cute wooden flowers that I found at Hancock Fabric...



Kid tested, kid approved...



Finished product with my inspiration:


Total cost of the re-do (paint, flowers): $21!  Not too shabby...

Before...BORING!


And AFTER!  BAM!



Would love to hear about any projects you are working on too!  Happy painting...

2 comments:

Kate said...

Logan said that the chairs are pretty!! I think it looks awesome too!!!

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

Your tables and chairs look really good, professional and all. If I had toddlers I'd ask you to paint my table and chairs any day.

After this semester is over I want to make an old fashioned nurses hat with white starched cotton and two very thin ribbons in the colors of blue and yellow for my school colors. Then a year from May when I graduate I'll wear it.